Adventure Dingle Tour
Adventure Dingle Tour
7 day Multi Activity tour, Dingle Peninsula.
The Dingle Peninsula is a spectacular natural location for outdoor activities; therefore the Adventure Dingle tour has been designed so that you can see the beauty of the Dingle peninsula while being involved in many different outdoor activities.
This is a guided adventure tour which takes you all around the peninsula while doing a combination of walking, cycling, sea-kayaking and boat trips throughout the kingdom.
The tour is aimed for those who enjoy a variety of activities and that are of average fitness, and not just for the very fit. It does not matter if you have not been on a bike for 20 years or never been in a kayak, but as long as you have a sense of adventure and are willing to give it a go, then this tour will suit you. It is a one location tour, luxury guesthouse in Dingle so there is no need to pack bags during the week.
Itinerary for Adventure Dingle Tour
* Day 1 Saturday. Arrival in Dingle.
Dinner and welcome briefing with guide at guesthouse. Overnight in Dingle (7 nights)
* Day 2 Sunday. Walk the Dingle Way and Mt Eagle
The first day’s walk takes you from Ventry to Slea head along the Dingle way walking trail, this coastline was used for the making of ‘Ryan’s Daughter’. There is extra option for the energetic to climb Mt Eagle for extra views of the most westerly point of Ireland/ Europe.
* Day 3 Monday Morning. Kayak with Fungi
Enjoy a half-day's sea kayaking in Dingle Harbour, see Fungi the Dolphin at the mouth of the harbour and explore some of the many sea caves.
Monday Afternoon. Rock-climb, Abseil or Horse ride.
This trek takes riders up into the hills overlooking the beautiful Dingle Peninsula. You leave the Stables and follow an old country road through lush Irish farmland to a small hillside path that leads you up into the hills.
* Day 4 Tuesday. Climb Mt Brandon
Follow in the footsteps of St Brendan by climbing to the summit of Mt Brandon (952m, 3000ft). The rewarding views from the summit shows the entire peninsula and beyond.
* Day 5 Wednesday. Free Day
Free day to enjoy Dingle town, go diving, walking, sailing or fishing to name a few activities or just wander around the shops or visit on the 48 pubs that Dingle has to offer.
* Day 6. Thursday Cycling or Mountain Biking
Visit many of the archaeological sites of the peninsula by bike, including Beehive huts, Dunbeg Fort and Gallarus Oratory by cycling the back country roads. There is also the challenge of Mountain biking the Conor pass, with some great downhill biking on old famine and butter roads.
* Day 7 Friday. Blasket Islands
Enjoy a boat trip to the isolated Blasket Islands, where a strong population once lived and produced some great works in the Gaelic language. Walk the Island or just relax at the beach and read a book while the local seal colony looks on. Farewell Dinner.
* Day 8 Departure
Dates 2015: Start dates
Price: €1095 per person sharing.
• Courtesy transfer from Kerry Airport, Tralee or Killarney Bus and train stations
• 7 nights accommodation in Irish Tourist Board approved guest-houses
• Full Irish breakfasts on seven days
• Five packed-lunches
• Six four-course dinners
• Experienced Mountain/ Activity guides • Transport throughout the week.
• Boat trip to the Blasket Islands
• Mountain bike hike
• Kayak trip with Fungi
• Rock-climb/abseiling session
• Horse riding in Dingle
• Experienced local guide throughout the itinerary
* Accommodation is based on a twin-sharing basis. Single supplement may be available for an additional 189 euros.
- Hits: 20164